THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN OUR CHARLOTTE, NC UNIVERSITY CENTER*
The Administrative Coordinator, Pre-College Programs is committed to delivering inspiring and impactful educational experiences for students in high school that will complement their academics to help them learn and grow. The Administrative Coordinator will have a great attitude and driven personality to integrate with our team to employ all administrative initiatives. Under the general direction of the Director of Pre-College Programs, the Administrative Coordinator will play an integral role in administrative support, marketing and recruitment for the Summer Immersion Program as well as the College LAUNCH for Leadership Program.
• Implements enthusiastic and educational presentations to recruit and retain high school students within an assigned market.
• Designs web content and updates the website as needed.
• Creates marketing materials (i.e. brochures, advertisements and flyers).
• Develops emails that embody and express the Wake Forest Pre-College Program’s brand, tone and values.
• Manages and publishes content for all major social media channels (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn).
• Compiles, analyzes and reports on social media use, specifically as it pertains to social advertising efforts.
• Provides administrative support for the Director, Assistant Director, and Wake Forest Summer Immersion Program as well as the College LAUNCH for Leadership Program, serving as the point person by greeting and responding to all administrative tasks.
• Receives and transfers phone calls, messages, and mail to the Director and Assistant Director.
• Handles communications, invoices and expense reporting (i.e. emails, newsletter, social media, donor acknowledgment letters and formatting of program schedules).
• Provides consistent and quality communication via email and phone with students, parents, and high school staff, from the time of interest through completion of the program.
• Manages program logistics and operations (i.e. transportation, catering and room reservations).
• Maintains applicant database and CRM for the purposes of tracking data and all related statistical information.
Required education, knowledge, skills, abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree with marketing experience.
• Proficient in graphic design and web software including: Adobe Suite, Photoshop InDesign, Microsoft –
Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word), WordPress, Keynote, FileMaker Pro, Publisher and Google Applications.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize competing deadlines.
• Demonstrated problem solver.
• Detail-oriented and team player.
• Ability to work autonomously, as well as in a cooperative and collaborative manner.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of records and information.
• Ability to work one Saturday per month for the College LAUNCH program (September – May).
• Ability to meet the requirements of the University’s automobile insurance.
Preferred education, knowledge, skills, abilities:
• Marketing major or minor.
• Experience in marketing or sales/marketing support.
Responsible for own work.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.