All wagers are at -110 odds unless otherwise noted. My picks are in bold with that team’s spread attached. Visit Odds Shark for updated lines throughout each game week.
Season record: 141-104 (58 percent) following a 11-12 Week 12; 33 games over .500 is a much better year than I expected.
I simply don’t like that many games this weekend. Part of that is that I have been so busy, I feel like I have not had as much time to go through my normal process of taking numbers and then checking them against non-statistical factors.
1. Stanford at USC -4: Stanford has been great in this game historically, but I believe the Trojans have the Pac-12 Championship’s better players. The matchup of Ronald Jones and Bryce Love should be awesome to watch. The QB advantage goes to the Trojans.
2. Memphis +7.5 at UCF: The Tigers have been playing great football, and UCF easily could have lost to USF last weekend. This is a battle of two strong AAC teams. Memphis can score with the Knights.
3. Georgia at Auburn -2: Why would Georgia suddenly be able to block Auburn? It couldn’t when they played a few weeks earlier. Kerryon Johnson should be able to get a few snaps, but if not, Auburn still has plenty of playmakers.
4. Clemson vs. Miami Under 47: When Clemson has known it wouldn’t need to score many points this year, it simply hasn’t. The Tigers let their defense win it against Auburn and Florida State, and I doubt they’ll take risks here in the ACC title game.
5. UMass at FIU -1: FIU’s offense got on track last weekend, and the Golden Eagles should play enough defense to win this. Credit to UMass for playing well of late, but FIU has been playing tough as well when not facing a tough out like Florida Atlantic.
6. ULM +27.5 at Florida State: The Warhawks can really score. FSU might be motivated to make a bowl game, but motivated does not necessarily mean organized. If you don’t have the guts to take ULM, consider the over 67.