AUBURN, AL (WTVM) – Former Auburn University President Emeritus, Dr. James E. Martin, has passed away.
Dr. Martin, 84, died on Saturday, June 3. Martin was the university’s 40th president and presided over the school from 1984 until 1992. Under Martin’s leadership, Auburn University completed its most successful private capital campaign in the institution’s history which resulted in $111 million of contributions and pledges.
Peck Funeral home, in Hartselle, Alabama will announce funeral arrangements later on.
Copyright 2017 WTVM. All rights reserved.
- A Chinese student’s commencement speech at the University of Maryland praising “fresh air” and democracy is riling China’s internet — Quartz
- College of Marin joins online service for budget accessibility
- What you need to know
- Noose found at African American museum in DC – ABC News
- Kim Kardashian Disses Caitlyn Jenner: Slams Her Over Trashing Kris In Book
- Cirrus defines the personal jet
- Plan to fix flooding problems in University City could uproot re
- World’s Heaviest Weight – YouTube