‘Tide Pod Challenge’ takes serious turn for one college student

LOGAN, Utah (WABC) —

A dangerous social media stunt took a serious turn in Utah.

A college student was hospitalized after ingesting a Tide Pod. Utah State University says it happened Saturday afternoon in a dorm.

There is no word on the student’s condition, but she was conscious after medics put her in an ambulance.

Doctors have been warning about the so-called ‘Tide Pod Challenge’ – a viral stunt where teens post videos of them eating laundry detergent.

(Copyright ©2018 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Source