UTICA — The Utica College men’s hockey team had seven different goal scorers in Saturday night’s 8-0 win over Chatham at the Adirondack Bank Center at the Utica Memorial Auditorium.
Coach Gary Heenan’s Pioneers — 8-3 in United Collegiate Hockey Conference play — improved to 15-4-1.
Utica College, ranked No. 8 by D3hockey.com and No. 10 by USCHO.com, outshot Chatham 50-9.
Chatham is 1-11 in the conference and 1-16-3 overall.
Conor Landrigan had two goals and an assist. Kyle Lajeunesse and Kevin Valenti each had a goal and two assists, Clinton’s Gregg Burmaster scored his eighth goal of the season and Dalton Carter had three assists.
Goalie Henry Dill had to make just nine saves for the Pioneers, who host Lebanon Valley at 4 p.m. Sunday at The Aud.
• Julia Vandyk earned her third shutout of the season as Colgate blanked Harvard 4-0. Vandyk made 22 saves as the Raiders — 15-3 in ECAC play — improved to 25-4-1. Jessie Eldridge added two goals for Colgate, which is ranked No. 4 in Division I.
• Utica had three different scorers in the Pioneers’ 3-1 at Manhattanville. Taylor Osowski opened the scoring for UC (5-5-2, 10-9-2) and Carlie Smith gave Utica a 2-0 lead in the second period. Kelly Critzer stretched it to 3-0 in the third. Bria Reilly made 28 saves in the win.
• Tim Doyle led five Hamilton College scorers in double figures with 15 points as the 21st-ranked Continentals used a big second half to beat Tufts 74-57 in a New England Small College Athletic Conference (NEAC) game. Peter Hoffmann scored 11 points and Kena Gilmour had 10 points and nine rebounds for Hamilton (6-2, 19-2).
• Redell Freeman had 20 points, six assists and five steals and Kevin Williams also scored 20 points to lead SUNY Poly (10-1, 14-6) to a 76-67 North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) win over St. Elizabeth College. Malik Johnson added 15 points and six assists and Westmoreland’s Tyler Taverne grabed a game-high 10 rebounds for the Wildcats.
• Ivan Iton had 11 points and 14 rebounds and Kobe Lufkin also scored 11 points to lead Utica College (6-5, 11-9) to a 70-52 Empire 8 Conference win over Houghton College.
• Camden’s Kierston Leos scored 19 points and Khristaijah added 15 to lead SUNY Poly (10-1, 14-6) to a 77-57 NEAC win over St. Elizabeth College. Cassidy Albright of New York Mills grabbed a team-high 10 rebounds and Paige Gallo had nine rebounds and seven assists for the Wildcats.
• Jeslyn File scored 11 points and Utica College (4-7, 8-12) edged Empire 8 Conference rival Houghton College 49-45.