CHESTERTOWN, Md. — The Washington College sailing team finished sixth of six teams while hosting the Washington College Team Race yesterday and today on the Chester River.
Washington College Team Race
How It Happened
– Washington went a combined 0-15 in the three head-to-head round robins.
– Paul Hart, Will Sunkler, and Andrew Vernon served as Washington’s skippers, while Haber Carlson, Bridgette Hindt, and Allison Cochran were the team’s crews.
– Cornell won the regatta with a 12-3 record, followed by Navy in second (11-4) and George Washington in third (10-5). Christopher Newport and St. Mary’s both went 6-9, but Christopher Newport won all three head-to-head meetings between the two teams to take fourth place on that tie-breaker.
– Two full round robins were completed on Saturday. The third was completed on Sunday.
– Saturday’s sailing began in 5-7 knots from the west that built in the afternoon and clocked toward the southwest. Sunday’s races, which were completed by early afternoon, sailed in a light breeze.
Up Next for the Washington College Sailing Team
3/24&25 @ MAISA/SAISA Open (Hampton)